It was New Year’s Day and hoards gathered to take part in a custom that dates back to well before some of us were born. It is a ritual that has stood the test of time and is rooted deep in our culture. No, I am not talking about Assou Square; au contraire. More treasured than that is the beloved Kentucky Fried Chicken dash – you know! That urge you get for some grub which can only be satisfied by the self-professed finger licking goodness. This particular KFC couldn’t even contain the masses no doubt spilling over from that other event. And so what if there was local food in the vicinity? With more outlets popping up on the island and a legion of satisfied customers, KFC is as local as it gets.
A time honoured tradition?
Person of the Year – 2016
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- How to find The One (Part 1) on
- SLNT to Host 4th Trust Pioneers Lecture: British Supremacy in the Caribbean on
- Ambassador Huntley to Deliver Public Lecture on Constitutional Reform on
- Chasing Waterfalls or Bandits? on
- Parenting Skills Training Programme – St. Lucia Crisis Centre on
- Taiwanese Ambassador Reassures Banana Industry Stakeholders of Continued Support on
- St Jude Hospital Organizes Health Fair to Mark World Health Day on
- Summer RELEASE SET for Shantaye’s World Film on
- Junior Achievement Directors Meet with the Patron on
- Love and lust? Are they related? on
- Sir Derek Walcott is Dead on
- Sports & Health Magazine For April 1, 2017 ~ Issue No. 138 on
- Prime Minister Attends World Bank Conference on Key Priorities for Caribbean Economies on
- Sir Derek Alton Walcott: A Tribute on Behalf of the Literary and Theatre Community on
- COCONUT BAY STAFF BENEFIT FROM TRAINING IN MANAGEMENT OF THE SEA TURTLE POPULATION on
- WALCOTT: Caribbean Colossus on
- JAMAICANS WHO PROVIDED STERLING SERVICE TO SAINT LUCIA … (Part 2). on
- Are Local Internet Cafés Breaching Customer Confidentially? on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
It’s a Man’s World . . . Really?
Often the best things are unexpected!
SHE ‘Dress a Girl’ Glam Party
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- When Three’s A Crowd April 22, 2017
- STAR Trivia April 22, 2017
- It’s Time To Give Vieux Fort a New Deal . . . April 22, 2017
- Re-thinking and Re-imaging Security Guard Services in Saint Lucia April 22, 2017
- Mother of Quarry Victim Speaks Out April 22, 2017
- Federick Versus Government: Judge Delivers Shock Verdict! April 22, 2017
- From Beijing to Vieux Fort April 22, 2017
- Did Grynberg Representative Mislead Two Prime Ministers? April 22, 2017
- The STAR Newspaper For Saturday April 22nd 2017 – Photo Of The Week April 22, 2017
- The STAR Newspaper For Saturday April 22nd 2017 April 22, 2017
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.