St Lucia’s dynamic beach volleyball duo Julian Bissette and Joseph Clercent take to the sands once again at the 2012 Norceca Beach Volleyball Tour Circuit. This tour has taken them to Chula Vista, California where talent from Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos and the Virgin Islands will compete. The male duo is joined by female counterparts Gift Dujon-Francios and Dania Hamilton, who will meet up with Mexico and Trinidad in their group. The men face Turks and Caicos, USA number three and Guatemala in their grouping. The competition began on Friday with the finals set to take place on Sunday. Participation in the Norceca tours affords St Lucia the opportunity to earn points towards qualification to high-level tournaments such as the Pan American Games and the CAC Games, as well as those within the FIVB and the 2016 Olympics in Brazil. The exposure at that level of competition is extremely important and St Lucians will have a chance to see world-class beach volleyball when St Lucia hosts one of the Norceca Beach Tour Stages, October 26-28, 2012. Already interest has been shown by teams from Panama and Canada in taking part in the St Lucia event. This marks another milestone for St Lucia sports. It gives St Lucians the opportunity to host another major International sports tourism event, where they will witness the biggest and brightest athletes in action against competitors from the USA, Canada, Cuba and the Central American powerhouses of beach volleyball. The St Lucia pairs return home from competition October 1.
Beach volleyball players on tour
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Taiwan donates US$200,000 for Matthew affected farmers! on
- George Odlum: Devil or Saint? on
- Lapses And Infelicities – A Review by McDonald Dixon on
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! on
- Man charged for possession of illegal firearm on
- We Could Drown in What Our Eyes Refuse To See! on
- Memo to PM Allen Chastanet Act Now Or We Perish! on
- Are lying journalists really politicians in disguise? on
- CBD/ECCB Diagnostic Report urges Government to undergo Structural Reforms on
- CDB advises Barbados Government to sell Caribbean Broadcasting Corp! on
- Trans-colonial collaboration in St Lucia’s political system on
- US State Department meets local journalists on
- Is education a luxury Looshans can’t afford? on
- Remembering Britain’s Efforts Against Slavery on
- POLITICS IS NO SCIENCE on
- Successful Trip to Taiwan Says Minister Flood-Beaubrun on
- PM Promises New DPP At Any Cost! on
- Eye spy ~ The Gods Must Be Crazy! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are currently no Ads to show.
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
Suicide: A Nation’s Worst Nightmare!
First Guatemalan baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- CARICOM Team to host Jounen Kwéyol Reparations Baton Relay, Youth Forum and Rally October 26, 2016
- St Lucia Bill Fish Tournament Celebrates Silver Anniversary October 26, 2016
- CARICOM Representative: “We Must Engage Youth For Sustainable Future” October 26, 2016
- Does PM Chastanet hold the Sir John Code? October 25, 2016
- Prince Harry to Visit St Lucia in November October 25, 2016
- Crisis Centre: Violence Against Women Must Stop Now! October 24, 2016
- Sugar and Spice: Why do we keep robbing little girls of everything nice? October 24, 2016
- Laws Do Not Stop or Prevent Crime! October 24, 2016
- Writing Gave me a Voice October 22, 2016
- For Whom the Bell Tolls October 22, 2016
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.