The fierce Bois d’Orange native lacked no confidence, telling me about her life and passions as though she was speaking to a good friend. In an interview with the STAR this week Crysta shared her love for the kitchen, “I love to cook! I cook everything, but I’m really passionate about pastries.” She bakes cakes, cupcakes and anything sweet. One of her goals is to become a well-established pastry chef. If she’s not reading a recipe book, chances are you’ll find the quirky 21-year-old with her nose buried in a John Grisham novel. Crysta is vibrant, energetic and even over the phone she seems to have the type of personality that lights up a room. It therefore wasn’t at all surprising to find out that one of Crysta’s hobbies is modeling. It was easy to imagine her taking bold strides down a catwalk. The next Naomi Campbell perhaps? Crysta was interesting, but I wanted to know more about the Alexander household. “ I live with my mother, grandmother and two of my siblings. My mother and grandmother encourage me to work for what I want and not to expect to be given anything,” she expressed. It’s obvious that her involvement in the upcoming Miss St Lucia World pageant will be a family affair. “I joined the pageant experience and to learn new things,” she tells the STAR. “No matter what the outcome is I will always have wonderful memories.” If given the opportunity to share a cultural aspect of the island she would bring people to Soufriere, because “Soufriere is full of history and much of our culture is concentrated there. We have the beaches and the Pitons. Soufriere has variety.” It is crystal clear that this pageant hopeful loves her country, but is there anything she doesn’t love? “If I could change one thing about St Lucia it would be unemployment rates. There has to be a better way to deal with it. The young people are agitated, jobs are hard to come by and the majority end up on the streets as a result of this,” spiritedly answered Crysta who herself is unemployed. Fiercely beautiful with a contagious personality, is Crystal Alexander the girl with the right recipe?
Crysta Alexander: The lady with the sweet tooth!
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Man in 20s is First Homicide Victim for 2017 on
- Teachers to engage in discussions with acclaimed writer Jamaica Kincaid on
- Twins Bring Excitement to St Jude on
- Saint Lucia and Taiwan sign Memorandum of Understanding on
- An Open Letter to Major Retailers/Distributors of the Caribbean on
- 20 Courts Customers win $700 worth of Electricity each on
- New High Commissioner to UK Hits the Ground Running! on
- Teen Nearly Dies After Ingesting Weed Killer on
- Prime Minister to Hold First Official Press Conference of 2017 on
- Oh, the Sounds of Sweet Pan and Brazilian Percussion! on
- DSH: Only racetrack deal sealed! on
- On the Passing of the Giant, Sir Dwight Venner on
- Eye Spy ~ If Wishes Were Horses (what pun?) on
- Eye Spy ~ If Wishes Were Horses (what pun?) on
- OECS Accounting Profession mourns the Passing of Sir Dwight Venner on
- Prime Minister addresses Parliament on his Government’s Inheritance! on
- The Region has lost a Great Economist on
- Sandals Announces New 6-Star Sandals LaSource Saint Lucia on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
St Lucian Sculptor Making Waves Internationally
60 and Fabulous!
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- Sandals Foundation Business Enthusiast Program Reaches 119 from 10 Communities January 16, 2017
- Fuel Price Adjustments January 16, 2017
- Book Review • A Small Place – Jamaica Kincaid January 14, 2017
- South-South Co-operation a Priority for Moroccan Embassy January 14, 2017
- I Wish For Helen Three Golden Rings! January 14, 2017
- Amusings: Presidential Pussy Grabbers January 14, 2017
- Police Controversially Shoot Marigot Man! January 14, 2017
- Get Yourself an Education that also Includes the Facts of Life! January 14, 2017
- SHE ‘Dress a Girl’ Glam Party January 14, 2017
- Governor General applauds Festive Additions to Nobel Laureate Celebrations January 14, 2017
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.