The fierce Bois d’Orange native lacked no confidence, telling me about her life and passions as though she was speaking to a good friend. In an interview with the STAR this week Crysta shared her love for the kitchen, “I love to cook! I cook everything, but I’m really passionate about pastries.” She bakes cakes, cupcakes and anything sweet. One of her goals is to become a well-established pastry chef. If she’s not reading a recipe book, chances are you’ll find the quirky 21-year-old with her nose buried in a John Grisham novel. Crysta is vibrant, energetic and even over the phone she seems to have the type of personality that lights up a room. It therefore wasn’t at all surprising to find out that one of Crysta’s hobbies is modeling. It was easy to imagine her taking bold strides down a catwalk. The next Naomi Campbell perhaps? Crysta was interesting, but I wanted to know more about the Alexander household. “ I live with my mother, grandmother and two of my siblings. My mother and grandmother encourage me to work for what I want and not to expect to be given anything,” she expressed. It’s obvious that her involvement in the upcoming Miss St Lucia World pageant will be a family affair. “I joined the pageant experience and to learn new things,” she tells the STAR. “No matter what the outcome is I will always have wonderful memories.” If given the opportunity to share a cultural aspect of the island she would bring people to Soufriere, because “Soufriere is full of history and much of our culture is concentrated there. We have the beaches and the Pitons. Soufriere has variety.” It is crystal clear that this pageant hopeful loves her country, but is there anything she doesn’t love? “If I could change one thing about St Lucia it would be unemployment rates. There has to be a better way to deal with it. The young people are agitated, jobs are hard to come by and the majority end up on the streets as a result of this,” spiritedly answered Crysta who herself is unemployed. Fiercely beautiful with a contagious personality, is Crystal Alexander the girl with the right recipe?
Crysta Alexander: The lady with the sweet tooth!
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Taiwan donates US$200,000 for Matthew affected farmers! on
- George Odlum: Devil or Saint? on
- Lapses And Infelicities – A Review by McDonald Dixon on
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! on
- Man charged for possession of illegal firearm on
- We Could Drown in What Our Eyes Refuse To See! on
- Memo to PM Allen Chastanet Act Now Or We Perish! on
- Are lying journalists really politicians in disguise? on
- CBD/ECCB Diagnostic Report urges Government to undergo Structural Reforms on
- CDB advises Barbados Government to sell Caribbean Broadcasting Corp! on
- Trans-colonial collaboration in St Lucia’s political system on
- US State Department meets local journalists on
- Is education a luxury Looshans can’t afford? on
- Remembering Britain’s Efforts Against Slavery on
- POLITICS IS NO SCIENCE on
- Successful Trip to Taiwan Says Minister Flood-Beaubrun on
- PM Promises New DPP At Any Cost! on
- Eye spy ~ The Gods Must Be Crazy! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are currently no Ads to show.
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
Suicide: A Nation’s Worst Nightmare!
First Guatemalan baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- Police Release Homicide Details October 27, 2016
- Three Homicides in 24 Hours! October 27, 2016
- Caribbean Charity Receives Funding From CIBC Post Matthew October 27, 2016
- St Lucia Country Conference Begins October 26, 2016
- CARICOM Team to host Jounen Kwéyol Reparations Baton Relay, Youth Forum and Rally October 26, 2016
- St Lucia Bill Fish Tournament Celebrates Silver Anniversary October 26, 2016
- CARICOM Representative: “We Must Engage Youth For Sustainable Future” October 26, 2016
- Does PM Chastanet hold the Sir John Code? October 25, 2016
- Prince Harry to Visit St Lucia in November October 25, 2016
- Crisis Centre: Violence Against Women Must Stop Now! October 24, 2016
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.