The fierce Bois d’Orange native lacked no confidence, telling me about her life and passions as though she was speaking to a good friend. In an interview with the STAR this week Crysta shared her love for the kitchen, “I love to cook! I cook everything, but I’m really passionate about pastries.” She bakes cakes, cupcakes and anything sweet. One of her goals is to become a well-established pastry chef. If she’s not reading a recipe book, chances are you’ll find the quirky 21-year-old with her nose buried in a John Grisham novel. Crysta is vibrant, energetic and even over the phone she seems to have the type of personality that lights up a room. It therefore wasn’t at all surprising to find out that one of Crysta’s hobbies is modeling. It was easy to imagine her taking bold strides down a catwalk. The next Naomi Campbell perhaps? Crysta was interesting, but I wanted to know more about the Alexander household. “ I live with my mother, grandmother and two of my siblings. My mother and grandmother encourage me to work for what I want and not to expect to be given anything,” she expressed. It’s obvious that her involvement in the upcoming Miss St Lucia World pageant will be a family affair. “I joined the pageant experience and to learn new things,” she tells the STAR. “No matter what the outcome is I will always have wonderful memories.” If given the opportunity to share a cultural aspect of the island she would bring people to Soufriere, because “Soufriere is full of history and much of our culture is concentrated there. We have the beaches and the Pitons. Soufriere has variety.” It is crystal clear that this pageant hopeful loves her country, but is there anything she doesn’t love? “If I could change one thing about St Lucia it would be unemployment rates. There has to be a better way to deal with it. The young people are agitated, jobs are hard to come by and the majority end up on the streets as a result of this,” spiritedly answered Crysta who herself is unemployed. Fiercely beautiful with a contagious personality, is Crystal Alexander the girl with the right recipe?
Crysta Alexander: The lady with the sweet tooth!
Person of the Year – 2016
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- From Beijing to Vieux Fort on
- When Three’s A Crowd on
- Coconut Bay Guest and Staff to Commemorate Earth Day 2017 on
- Sports & Health Magazine For April 22, 2017 ~ Issue No. 141 on
- CIBC FirstCaribbean Maintains Partnership with UWI on
- How to find The One (Part 1) on
- SLNT to Host 4th Trust Pioneers Lecture: British Supremacy in the Caribbean on
- Ambassador Huntley to Deliver Public Lecture on Constitutional Reform on
- Chasing Waterfalls or Bandits? on
- Parenting Skills Training Programme – St. Lucia Crisis Centre on
- Taiwanese Ambassador Reassures Banana Industry Stakeholders of Continued Support on
- St Jude Hospital Organizes Health Fair to Mark World Health Day on
- Summer RELEASE SET for Shantaye’s World Film on
- Junior Achievement Directors Meet with the Patron on
- Love and lust? Are they related? on
- Sir Derek Walcott is Dead on
- Sports & Health Magazine For April 1, 2017 ~ Issue No. 138 on
- Prime Minister Attends World Bank Conference on Key Priorities for Caribbean Economies on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
It’s a Man’s World . . . Really?
Often the best things are unexpected!
SHE ‘Dress a Girl’ Glam Party
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- Progress Made in Quarry Investigations April 24, 2017
- Government & DSH Assure Public of Commitment to Preserve Maria Islands April 24, 2017
- Youth Theatre in the Spotlight with New Play April 24, 2017
- #ExposureIsNotCurrency Goes Viral April 24, 2017
- Bedtime for Peppa – Adapted by Barbara Winthrop April 24, 2017
- When Three’s A Crowd April 22, 2017
- STAR Trivia April 22, 2017
- It’s Time To Give Vieux Fort a New Deal . . . April 22, 2017
- Re-thinking and Re-imaging Security Guard Services in Saint Lucia April 22, 2017
- Mother of Quarry Victim Speaks Out April 22, 2017
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.