The fierce Bois d’Orange native lacked no confidence, telling me about her life and passions as though she was speaking to a good friend. In an interview with the STAR this week Crysta shared her love for the kitchen, “I love to cook! I cook everything, but I’m really passionate about pastries.” She bakes cakes, cupcakes and anything sweet. One of her goals is to become a well-established pastry chef. If she’s not reading a recipe book, chances are you’ll find the quirky 21-year-old with her nose buried in a John Grisham novel. Crysta is vibrant, energetic and even over the phone she seems to have the type of personality that lights up a room. It therefore wasn’t at all surprising to find out that one of Crysta’s hobbies is modeling. It was easy to imagine her taking bold strides down a catwalk. The next Naomi Campbell perhaps? Crysta was interesting, but I wanted to know more about the Alexander household. “ I live with my mother, grandmother and two of my siblings. My mother and grandmother encourage me to work for what I want and not to expect to be given anything,” she expressed. It’s obvious that her involvement in the upcoming Miss St Lucia World pageant will be a family affair. “I joined the pageant experience and to learn new things,” she tells the STAR. “No matter what the outcome is I will always have wonderful memories.” If given the opportunity to share a cultural aspect of the island she would bring people to Soufriere, because “Soufriere is full of history and much of our culture is concentrated there. We have the beaches and the Pitons. Soufriere has variety.” It is crystal clear that this pageant hopeful loves her country, but is there anything she doesn’t love? “If I could change one thing about St Lucia it would be unemployment rates. There has to be a better way to deal with it. The young people are agitated, jobs are hard to come by and the majority end up on the streets as a result of this,” spiritedly answered Crysta who herself is unemployed. Fiercely beautiful with a contagious personality, is Crystal Alexander the girl with the right recipe?
Crysta Alexander: The lady with the sweet tooth!
Person of the Year – 2016
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Saint Lucia’s National Culinary Team starts countdown to CHTA Taste of the Caribbean Competition 2017 on
- Taiwan’s Participation is Vital to Global Influenza Pandemic Preparedness and Response on
- Investment in the South Continues with Black Bay Master Development on
- He Said What? on
- Allen’s Big Mistake on
- Allen’s Big Mistake on
- Caribbean Policy Makers Recognize ECLAC’s 70-year Contribution to Regional Development on
- WASCO Public Notice on
- Call for Submissions for TTFF/17 New Media Showcase on
- Saint Lucia Welcomes Thomson Airways Inaugural Flight on
- Jazz on The Bay on
- Baron Foods’ First Shipment to Cuba on
- Trust issues … and then some on
- Government continues review of Subventions and Grants to State Agencies on
- Teddyson John Lands Nomination for Nigerian Entertainment Awards on
- Saltchuk – Tropical Shipping Grant Funds Available on
- Prime Minister to Address Strategic Areas for Growth in First Budget Speech on
- Is Kenya’s Mobile-Money Success Translatable to the Caribbean? on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
It’s a Man’s World . . . Really?
Often the best things are unexpected!
SHE ‘Dress a Girl’ Glam Party
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- Sports & Health Magazine For May 27, 2017 ~ Issue No. 146 May 26, 2017
- 2Nite Magazine For Saturday May 27, 2017 ~ Issue No. 238 May 26, 2017
- The Reduction of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV and Syphilis Slows Down in Latin America and the Caribbean, warns PAHO May 25, 2017
- Saint Lucia’s National Culinary Team starts countdown to CHTA Taste of the Caribbean Competition 2017 May 23, 2017
- MOFA Thanks Allies, Partner Countries for Proposal for Taiwan’s 2017 WHA Participation May 23, 2017
- Taiwan’s Participation is Vital to Global Influenza Pandemic Preparedness and Response May 22, 2017
- Vergnet Shares Expertise at CARILEC Chief Executive Officers and Finance Conference May 22, 2017
- GTM Commission’s New Multi-Million Dollar Eastern Caribbean Headquarters in Saint Lucia May 22, 2017
- Editor’s Letter May 22, 2017
- STAR Trivia May 22, 2017
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.