The Saint Lucia Tourist Board (SLTB) continues to aggressively promote the destination in major source markets to keep the destination at the top of mind of travelers. In this instance, the SLTB continues to strengthen ifs partnership with the trade who continue to be a major influencer in where consumers take vacation. Over the next week, the SLTB will host a large contingent of travel agents from the United States. From November 29th to December 9th, two groups of travel agents totaling 130 from the island’s major gateways in the United States will have the opportunity to see and experience what the island has to offer. These agents currently sell the destination but have not had the opportunity to visit. Their visit is a testament to them wanting to increase their sales to their destination. Saint Lucia’s Director of Tourism Louis Lewis says, “With the United States remaining the island’s largest source market, it is critical that we ensure that as many US based travel agents that sell the Caribbean come and experience the island first hand; see the various properties and feel the warmth of the island. According to Lewis, “Along with securing additional airlift from the US, we are constantly striving to increase market share and therefore enhancing the knowledge and understanding of travel agents, better equips them to sell Saint Lucia and in the process driving increased visitor traffic to the destination.” This year a new feature has been added to the Fam Trips, that of a Breakfast presentation at the Sandals Grande on Friday November 30th and December 7th. During the presentations, agents will receive a destination overview and update including the latest developments as well as have the opportunity to learn about some of the smaller properties that make up the accommodations sector. Up until September of this year, Saint Lucia had welcomed 88,262 visitors from the United States alone.
Saint Lucia hosts US Grand Fam
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Taiwan donates US$200,000 for Matthew affected farmers! on
- George Odlum: Devil or Saint? on
- Lapses And Infelicities – A Review by McDonald Dixon on
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! on
- Man charged for possession of illegal firearm on
- We Could Drown in What Our Eyes Refuse To See! on
- Memo to PM Allen Chastanet Act Now Or We Perish! on
- Are lying journalists really politicians in disguise? on
- CBD/ECCB Diagnostic Report urges Government to undergo Structural Reforms on
- CDB advises Barbados Government to sell Caribbean Broadcasting Corp! on
- Trans-colonial collaboration in St Lucia’s political system on
- US State Department meets local journalists on
- Is education a luxury Looshans can’t afford? on
- Remembering Britain’s Efforts Against Slavery on
- POLITICS IS NO SCIENCE on
- Successful Trip to Taiwan Says Minister Flood-Beaubrun on
- PM Promises New DPP At Any Cost! on
- Eye spy ~ The Gods Must Be Crazy! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are currently no Ads to show.
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
Suicide: A Nation’s Worst Nightmare!
First Guatemalan baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- Driver Injured in Gros Islet Crash October 21, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: Prisoner Recaptured October 20, 2016
- Escaped Convict Still at Large October 19, 2016
- Sandals’ Adam Stewart Receives Tourism Award October 19, 2016
- CIBC Walk for the Cure October 19, 2016
- Bordelais Confirms Reports of Escaped Prisoner October 18, 2016
- Vive La Magwit! October 18, 2016
- Homicide in Mongouge October 17, 2016
- I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzai with Patricia McCormick October 15, 2016
- Victim blaming, shame and deafening silence continue! October 15, 2016
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.