The annual football and netball competitions for teachers organized by the SLTU will commence this Friday September at venues in the north and south. The Zonal Football kicks off with the North and West Zones meeting at the SAB Sporting Facility in Castries at 4:30pm, while the East and South zones clash at the Dames Playing Field near Sandy Beach in Vieux-Fort. Chairman of the Sports, Cultural and Social Committee of the SLTU, Nigel Mitchel, expects maximum participation from teachers in all of the zones and is confident that the games will once again be hosted in a festive, friendly but competitive manner. Hall said: “The organizing committee has been meeting since July and a number of new initiatives and incentives will be offered to both players and supporters this year. These activities mark the commencement of celebrations for Teachers Week in October and the idea is to make all teachers feel truly appreciated while engaging in healthy, stress relieving exercise.” Captain Neil Fontenelle of the defending football champions, the North Zone, is confident that his team will retain their title despite the fact that the other zones have added some new exciting talent and have been training hard. “I am aware that the other zones have been improving steadily over the years,” said Fontenelle, “the quality of their football is very good and they have some excellent players. However, our strength is our mix of youthful and experienced players who have taken an oath not to surrender our title.” The events also feature some of the best netball talent on island, as the female teachers will feature in a number of matches at venues close to the football on the same day. Featuring several former and current national players in the likes of Roxanne Snyder, Deselva Florton, Marvel Modeste and Michel Rogers, to name a few, this will also assist the SLTU in its netball team’s preparation ahead of the 2012 Inter Commercial House Netball Championship. The competitions will climax with the grand finals during Teachers Week in October.
SLTU Teachers Competitions launch this Friday
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Taiwan donates US$200,000 for Matthew affected farmers! on
- George Odlum: Devil or Saint? on
- Lapses And Infelicities – A Review by McDonald Dixon on
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! on
- Man charged for possession of illegal firearm on
- We Could Drown in What Our Eyes Refuse To See! on
- Memo to PM Allen Chastanet Act Now Or We Perish! on
- Are lying journalists really politicians in disguise? on
- CBD/ECCB Diagnostic Report urges Government to undergo Structural Reforms on
- CDB advises Barbados Government to sell Caribbean Broadcasting Corp! on
- Trans-colonial collaboration in St Lucia’s political system on
- US State Department meets local journalists on
- Is education a luxury Looshans can’t afford? on
- Remembering Britain’s Efforts Against Slavery on
- POLITICS IS NO SCIENCE on
- Successful Trip to Taiwan Says Minister Flood-Beaubrun on
- PM Promises New DPP At Any Cost! on
- Eye spy ~ The Gods Must Be Crazy! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are currently no Ads to show.
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
Suicide: A Nation’s Worst Nightmare!
First Guatemalan baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- Driver Injured in Gros Islet Crash October 21, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: Prisoner Recaptured October 20, 2016
- Escaped Convict Still at Large October 19, 2016
- Sandals’ Adam Stewart Receives Tourism Award October 19, 2016
- CIBC Walk for the Cure October 19, 2016
- Bordelais Confirms Reports of Escaped Prisoner October 18, 2016
- Vive La Magwit! October 18, 2016
- Homicide in Mongouge October 17, 2016
- I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzai with Patricia McCormick October 15, 2016
- Victim blaming, shame and deafening silence continue! October 15, 2016
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.