On Monday December 17, 2012 Care 2 Help Charitable Association (CHCA), a well-known NGO in NJ, USA presented a set of toys for Christmas to the Government and people of Saint Lucia. The donation was done through the Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and Ambassador James Chang and was received by Prime Minister of Saint Lucia Kenny Anthony. Donors of this charity organization come mainly from the Taiwanese American community in NJ and NY and focuses on housing, education, children and disaster relief and they have been donating toys to Saint Lucia since 2007. Incidentally, the passage of hurricane Sandy in October which affected NY and NJ also adversely affected this year’s toy drive. Still, the organization was able to collect over 800 pieces which were shipped to Saint Lucia earlier this month. Also attending the brief handing over ceremony at the official Prime Minister’s residence, Vigie, were staff of the Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) in St Lucia as well as the Minister of Health Alvina Reynolds, Sports Minister Sean Edwards, Social Transformation Minister Harold Dalson, Education Minister Robert Louis as well as Terencia Gaillard of the Saint Lucia Red Cross. Ambassador Chang on Monday said that it was his “great honour and pleasure,” to present the toys donated by CHCA. “Since the year 2007 the CHCA has shipped more than five thousand pieces of toys to less fortunate children here in Saint Lucia,” Chang said. He then offered a brief background into the organization before listing among the 800 pieces of toys teddy bears, racing cars, locomotives and dolls. “It is my sincere hope that this meaningful charitable activity will bring the children a happy Christmas season and go further in bringing our two people closer,” Chang ended by saying. Prime Minister Anthony in accepting the toys indicated that time and time again it has been shown that the Christmas season is a time of good cheer. “That Christmas is the season of friendship and a season of giving and receiving,” he added. “There is no better way to touch the hearts and minds than at these times and I am exceedingly happy today to receive these gifts from our now well established friends, which will bring joy to the children of Saint Lucia,” the Prime Minister went on to say. “There is none among us that require as much joy as children and if we can make the lives of our children that much better then we will allow joy to radiate throughout the length and breadth of our country and so today I am very, very honoured. “I am very pleased your Excellency to receive these special gifts on behalf of the Government and people of Saint Lucia and I am very happy sir that your government, your country, the republic of China on Taiwan is reaching out to touch the lives of our children,” Dr Anthony said Monday. The Prime Minister went on to explain that the presence of his colleagues could be interpreted to indicate that they were very interested in those toys. “Meaning that they are very anxious that the children of their various ministries will experience the joy of those toys,” Anthony explained.
Santa comes to Town from Republic of China (Taiwan)
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Taiwan donates US$200,000 for Matthew affected farmers! on
- George Odlum: Devil or Saint? on
- Lapses And Infelicities – A Review by McDonald Dixon on
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! on
- Man charged for possession of illegal firearm on
- We Could Drown in What Our Eyes Refuse To See! on
- Memo to PM Allen Chastanet Act Now Or We Perish! on
- Are lying journalists really politicians in disguise? on
- CBD/ECCB Diagnostic Report urges Government to undergo Structural Reforms on
- CDB advises Barbados Government to sell Caribbean Broadcasting Corp! on
- Trans-colonial collaboration in St Lucia’s political system on
- US State Department meets local journalists on
- Is education a luxury Looshans can’t afford? on
- Remembering Britain’s Efforts Against Slavery on
- POLITICS IS NO SCIENCE on
- Successful Trip to Taiwan Says Minister Flood-Beaubrun on
- PM Promises New DPP At Any Cost! on
- Eye spy ~ The Gods Must Be Crazy! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are currently no Ads to show.
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
Suicide: A Nation’s Worst Nightmare!
First Guatemalan baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- Does PM Chastanet hold the Sir John Code? October 25, 2016
- Prince Harry to Visit St Lucia in November October 25, 2016
- Crisis Centre: Violence Against Women Must Stop Now! October 24, 2016
- Sugar and Spice: Why do we keep robbing little girls of everything nice? October 24, 2016
- Laws Do Not Stop or Prevent Crime! October 24, 2016
- Writing Gave me a Voice October 22, 2016
- For Whom the Bell Tolls October 22, 2016
- Do Black Lives Matter in Our Own Backyard? October 22, 2016
- The People’s Prophet Should Be Remembered For Whom He Was! October 22, 2016
- Another Graduation, Another Eye Opener October 22, 2016
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.