Can you imagine her swapping lip-gloss and high-heels for a kicks and a ball? Well that’s exactly what 21-year-old Trudy Mathurin does on a regular basis. If she’s not in her office chances are you’ll find her on a netball court. The Vieux Fort beauty is an ardent netball player, who loves challenges. When she’s not at work in the Ministry of Finance or playing netball, she heads to the local clubs for Karaoke or picks up one of her favourite books. On some days however she prefers to take a break from her hectic lifestyle and spend the relaxing day at home. Trudy is no stranger to pageants, having competed most notably in the Vieux Fort Carnival Queen pageant. “It’s always been something I’ve been interested in and this time I finally get to go for the big one. Miss Universe and Miss World is definitely as big as it can get.” It’s easy to be swept away by Trudy’s gorgeous features, but this lady is much more than just a pretty face; she has ambition. In the next five years she sees herself completing her ACC and putting her accounting skills into more detailed practice. Whatsoever her goals may be her hometown is never far from her heart. “The talent in the south is unbelievable!” she relates. “The south has so much to offer, it is rich in culture and the people are diverse.” Though she loves her country she believes that there is always room for improvement. “We need more social activities for the youth. The activities should be geared toward them learning new skills. These activities should help reduce unemployment and encourage positive attitudes.” Trudy spoke highly of her family support system made up of her four siblings, her great grand aunt and her parents. “My relationship with my parents is quite open. I can approach them about any problem. My family looks out for me and I will look out for them.” She’s ambitious and experienced, will the combination of these two things secure her a crown come October 20?
Trudy Mathurin’s got it all!
Person of the Year – 2016
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Peter and Company Distribution rolls out its Best for Chamber Awards! on
- Sandals Foundation Supported Tennis Program Swings in Another Successful Year on
- Government Commits to Consultation Process on “Pearl of the Caribbean” on
- RICKY T QUALIFIES FOR SOCA MONARCH SEMIS on
- Prime Minister Continues Dialogue on Pearl of the Caribbean in UK on
- Sandals Foundation Business Enthusiast Program Reaches 119 from 10 Communities on
- Police Controversially Shoot Marigot Man! on
- Man in 20s is First Homicide Victim for 2017 on
- Teachers to engage in discussions with acclaimed writer Jamaica Kincaid on
- Twins Bring Excitement to St Jude on
- Saint Lucia and Taiwan sign Memorandum of Understanding on
- An Open Letter to Major Retailers/Distributors of the Caribbean on
- 20 Courts Customers win $700 worth of Electricity each on
- New High Commissioner to UK Hits the Ground Running! on
- Teen Nearly Dies After Ingesting Weed Killer on
- Prime Minister to Hold First Official Press Conference of 2017 on
- Oh, the Sounds of Sweet Pan and Brazilian Percussion! on
- DSH: Only racetrack deal sealed! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
St Lucian Sculptor Making Waves Internationally
60 and Fabulous!
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- CTU to Demo Communication App for People With Disabilities January 24, 2017
- Peter and Company Distribution rolls out its Best for Chamber Awards! January 23, 2017
- La Luna – Tales by Moonlight on Nobel Laureate Festival Calendar! January 23, 2017
- Official opening of the exhibition “St. Omer, a Saint Lucian family of artists” January 23, 2017
- Third Staging of the Most Colourful Fun Run! January 23, 2017
- Three Men Drown in Separate Incidents January 21, 2017
- Book Review • Song & Symphony by John Robert Lee and Shallon Fadlien January 21, 2017
- Youth Awarded for Excellence at National Awards January 21, 2017
- Sex never more risky—and STDs not to blame! January 21, 2017
- Invest Saint Lucia: ‘Let’s separate truth from fiction!’ January 21, 2017
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.