Can you imagine her swapping lip-gloss and high-heels for a kicks and a ball? Well that’s exactly what 21-year-old Trudy Mathurin does on a regular basis. If she’s not in her office chances are you’ll find her on a netball court. The Vieux Fort beauty is an ardent netball player, who loves challenges. When she’s not at work in the Ministry of Finance or playing netball, she heads to the local clubs for Karaoke or picks up one of her favourite books. On some days however she prefers to take a break from her hectic lifestyle and spend the relaxing day at home. Trudy is no stranger to pageants, having competed most notably in the Vieux Fort Carnival Queen pageant. “It’s always been something I’ve been interested in and this time I finally get to go for the big one. Miss Universe and Miss World is definitely as big as it can get.” It’s easy to be swept away by Trudy’s gorgeous features, but this lady is much more than just a pretty face; she has ambition. In the next five years she sees herself completing her ACC and putting her accounting skills into more detailed practice. Whatsoever her goals may be her hometown is never far from her heart. “The talent in the south is unbelievable!” she relates. “The south has so much to offer, it is rich in culture and the people are diverse.” Though she loves her country she believes that there is always room for improvement. “We need more social activities for the youth. The activities should be geared toward them learning new skills. These activities should help reduce unemployment and encourage positive attitudes.” Trudy spoke highly of her family support system made up of her four siblings, her great grand aunt and her parents. “My relationship with my parents is quite open. I can approach them about any problem. My family looks out for me and I will look out for them.” She’s ambitious and experienced, will the combination of these two things secure her a crown come October 20?
Trudy Mathurin’s got it all!
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Taiwan donates US$200,000 for Matthew affected farmers! on
- George Odlum: Devil or Saint? on
- Lapses And Infelicities – A Review by McDonald Dixon on
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! on
- Man charged for possession of illegal firearm on
- We Could Drown in What Our Eyes Refuse To See! on
- Memo to PM Allen Chastanet Act Now Or We Perish! on
- Are lying journalists really politicians in disguise? on
- CBD/ECCB Diagnostic Report urges Government to undergo Structural Reforms on
- CDB advises Barbados Government to sell Caribbean Broadcasting Corp! on
- Trans-colonial collaboration in St Lucia’s political system on
- US State Department meets local journalists on
- Is education a luxury Looshans can’t afford? on
- Remembering Britain’s Efforts Against Slavery on
- POLITICS IS NO SCIENCE on
- Successful Trip to Taiwan Says Minister Flood-Beaubrun on
- PM Promises New DPP At Any Cost! on
- Eye spy ~ The Gods Must Be Crazy! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are currently no Ads to show.
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
Suicide: A Nation’s Worst Nightmare!
First Guatemalan baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- Driver Injured in Gros Islet Crash October 21, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: Prisoner Recaptured October 20, 2016
- Escaped Convict Still at Large October 19, 2016
- Sandals’ Adam Stewart Receives Tourism Award October 19, 2016
- CIBC Walk for the Cure October 19, 2016
- Bordelais Confirms Reports of Escaped Prisoner October 18, 2016
- Vive La Magwit! October 18, 2016
- Homicide in Mongouge October 17, 2016
- I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzai with Patricia McCormick October 15, 2016
- Victim blaming, shame and deafening silence continue! October 15, 2016
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.