Seventh Day Adventist based Prophets and Kings put themselves in pole position to qualify to play in the Veterans Football tournament, following preliminary round playoff matches Sunday at the St Mary’s College Grounds under overcast skies and at one point very heavy rain. The Prophets and Kings team won both of their scheduled encounters played in Group B of the playoffs. Seven matches were played with all the eight playoff teams on hand. The action that day moved along nicely and ended just after 5pm. Following are the results from the matches played. Prophets and Kings 3 Babonneau 1; La Clery 4 Congorians 2; Anse La Raye 6 Vieux Fort North 0; Mabouya Valley 3 Desruisseaux 1; Prophets and Kings 2 La Clery 0; Vieux Fort North 6 Desruisseaux 0; Anse La Raye 0 Mabouya Valley 0. Playoff action continues this week. Today (Wednesday) at the La Ressource Playing Field in Mabouya Valley, Mabouya Valley plays Vieux Fort North. Three matches will be played on Thursday. From 4:30 pm at the Desruisseaux Playing Field, Anse La Raye are down to come up against Desruisseaux, while at the La Guerre Playing Field a double header is scheduled. From 6pm Congorians face off against Prophets and Kings followed by La Clery against Babonneau. Following are the Points standings in the groups following play on Sunday. Group A: Anse La Raye–4 points; Mabouya Valley–4 pts; Vieux Fort North–3 pts; Desruisseaux-0 points. Group B: Prophets and Kings-6 pts; La Clery-3 pts; Babonneau-0 pts; Congorians-0 points.
Veteran Football Playoffs kick off this weekend
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Taiwan donates US$200,000 for Matthew affected farmers! on
- George Odlum: Devil or Saint? on
- Lapses And Infelicities – A Review by McDonald Dixon on
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! on
- Man charged for possession of illegal firearm on
- We Could Drown in What Our Eyes Refuse To See! on
- Memo to PM Allen Chastanet Act Now Or We Perish! on
- Are lying journalists really politicians in disguise? on
- CBD/ECCB Diagnostic Report urges Government to undergo Structural Reforms on
- CDB advises Barbados Government to sell Caribbean Broadcasting Corp! on
- Trans-colonial collaboration in St Lucia’s political system on
- US State Department meets local journalists on
- Is education a luxury Looshans can’t afford? on
- Remembering Britain’s Efforts Against Slavery on
- POLITICS IS NO SCIENCE on
- Successful Trip to Taiwan Says Minister Flood-Beaubrun on
- PM Promises New DPP At Any Cost! on
- Eye spy ~ The Gods Must Be Crazy! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are currently no Ads to show.
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
Suicide: A Nation’s Worst Nightmare!
First Guatemalan baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- BREAKING NEWS: Prisoner Recaptured October 20, 2016
- Escaped Convict Still at Large October 19, 2016
- Sandals’ Adam Stewart Receives Tourism Award October 19, 2016
- CIBC Walk for the Cure October 19, 2016
- Bordelais Confirms Reports of Escaped Prisoner October 18, 2016
- Vive La Magwit! October 18, 2016
- Homicide in Mongouge October 17, 2016
- I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzai with Patricia McCormick October 15, 2016
- Victim blaming, shame and deafening silence continue! October 15, 2016
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! October 15, 2016
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.