At the 6th Annual St. Lucia Business Awards, Bay Gardens Resorts emerged as the Business of the Year winner amongst the thirty four different companies making submissions. The gala event was held on Saturday March 14th, 2015 at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach ResortThe St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce hosted another evening of excellence which was again broadcast live on Choice TV and www.choice39.tv powered by LIME and by WVent Radio 93.5/94.7. From the LIME Red Carpet which started at 7:00 p.m. to the Awards Ceremony and on to the After Party, it was a night of style, glitz and glamour, with well-deserved recognition for Corporate St. Lucia.
The lively Red Carpet was a delight where guests were hounded for photographs and snatched by the media for live interviews on their way to the official Awards Ceremony. Red Carpet hosts Onika and Shayne kept viewers engaged and into the Red Carpet atmosphere.
Over 300 persons from Corporate St. Lucia attended the event where thirteen awards were presented and stalwart giant of the business community, Mr. Christopher Renwick was recognized for lifetime achievement.
The winners for the 2015 St. Lucia Business Awards are:
1. Prime Minister’s Award for Innovation: West Technology Group Inc.
2. Award for Service Excellence: Spice of India Inc.
3. Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Spice of India Inc. – Adil Sherwani
4. Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Monetta Wilson
5. Business of the Year Award: Bay Gardens Resorts
6. Goods Exporter of the Year Award: Baron Foods Ltd
7. Service Exporter of the Year Award: FDL Consult Inc.
8. Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development: Consolidated Foods Ltd
9. Award for Marketing Excellence: Bay Gardens Resorts
10. Award for Corporate Leadership: Debra Tobierre, True Value Building & Hardware Supplies Ltd.
11. Award for Corporate Social Responsibility: 1st National Bank St. Lucia Ltd
12. Green Award: FDL Pest Control Solutions
13. Idea of the Year Award: Independent Film Company
There were three repeat winners: Bay Gardens Resorts – Business of the Year Award; Baron Foods Ltd: Goods Exporter of the Year Award while FDL Consult Inc. retained the Service Exporter of the Year Award.
The judges of the 2015 St. Lucia Business Awards were Benjamin Menald, Randy Cato, Thecla Deterville, Eldon Mathurin, Andie George, Crispin D’Auvergne, McDonald Dixon, Dr. Veronica Simon, Marius St. Rose and Paule Turmel John.
The Office of the Prime Minister once again was a Collaborating Sponsor of the St. Lucia Business Awards. Other Corporate Sponsors included LIME as the Red Carpet and Broadcast Sponsor, Invest St. Lucia, Consolidated Foods Ltd, Tropical Shipping, 1st National Bank St. Lucia Ltd, Baron Foods Ltd, Eastern Caribbean Financial Holdings Company Ltd, M&C/Peter and Company Ltd, Landmark Events, Sandals Resorts International, Bay Gardens Resorts, MediaZone, St. Lucia Tourist Board, St. Lucia Distillers Ltd, LUCELEC, Windward & Leeward Brewery Ltd, WVent Radio 93.5/94.7, JQ Charles Ltd, Columbus Communications (Saint Lucia) Ltd and St. Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association.
The 2015 St. Lucia Business Awards was another excellent event with live radio, internet and television coverage, exceptional pizazz on the LIME Red Carpet and superb entertainment celebrating corporate St. Lucia’s success culminating in a high spirited After Party.