On Thursday 2nd August 2012, Officers attached to the Major Crime Unit arrested 44 year old lawyer of Bridge Street, Vieux Fort, as a result of an ongoing investigation in respect to allegations of:
1) Fraudulent Beach of Trust (Dishonest Misappropriation)
2) Issuing a Dishonest Cheque which was issued on 27th June, 2012
On Saturday 4th August 2012, the lawyer was charged for the following offenses: Issuing a Dishonest Cheque and Fraudulent Breach of Trust.
He was taken before the court on Monday 6th August 2012 to answer to the said charges.
He was bailed in the sum of $40,000.00 cash or suitable surety on the charge of Issuing a Dishonest Cheque and $60,000.00 cash or suitable surety on the charge of Fraudulent Breach of Trust. He was bailed with conditions as follow:
1) Report to the Vieux Fort Police Station every Wednesday
2) Surrender travel documents.
3) Not to apply for any documents without the expressed permission of the court.
He is to reappear before the court on Thursday 30th August 2012
The lawyer is currently detained until bail conditions are met.
—RSLPF Public Relations Office
Investigations are ongoing into the matter.