The first ever Commercial Volleyball League got underway recently at the Beausejour Indoor Facility. The event started off with a brief opening ceremony where all teams marched onto the court to be addressed by the President of the St Lucia Volleyball Association. The first match of the day saw East Caribbean Financial Holdings (ECFH) face off against the Royal St Lucia Police Force (RSLPF). ECFH, to everyone’s surprise came out swinging holding the police to 15points and they won the first set 25-15. But the law has an answer to everything done against them. The police rallied their reinforcements and stormed into the second set with full force wining 25-17. The third set tie breaker was no different as both teams fought tooth and nail to come out the victor. Both teams played the power game, but ECFH led by national player Amobi Armstrong won the third set (15-10). In the second match on opening night, Consolidated Foods Limited (CFL) battled Sandals Resorts. Both teams looked timid at the start as points exchanged. CFL had the edge and won the first set 25-21. Both teams picked up in the second set but CFL more than Sandals, serving up a series of aces to win the second set convincingly 25-17. The action continued on Saturday with a doubleheader at the Beausejour Indoor Facility. In the first match the Ministry of Youth and Sports defeated Digicel in straight sets 25-22, 25-22. In the second encounter Goddard Group of Companies got past LIME 25-19 25-17.
Commercial Volleyball League Underway
Caribbean Book Feature at The Yard St. Lucia's 'Book Yard Book Store - NAVEL STRING'.Posted by The St Lucia STAR Newspaper on Thursday, 10 March 2016
- Taiwan donates US$200,000 for Matthew affected farmers! on
- George Odlum: Devil or Saint? on
- Lapses And Infelicities – A Review by McDonald Dixon on
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! on
- Man charged for possession of illegal firearm on
- We Could Drown in What Our Eyes Refuse To See! on
- Memo to PM Allen Chastanet Act Now Or We Perish! on
- Are lying journalists really politicians in disguise? on
- CBD/ECCB Diagnostic Report urges Government to undergo Structural Reforms on
- CDB advises Barbados Government to sell Caribbean Broadcasting Corp! on
- Trans-colonial collaboration in St Lucia’s political system on
- US State Department meets local journalists on
- Is education a luxury Looshans can’t afford? on
- Remembering Britain’s Efforts Against Slavery on
- POLITICS IS NO SCIENCE on
- Successful Trip to Taiwan Says Minister Flood-Beaubrun on
- PM Promises New DPP At Any Cost! on
- Eye spy ~ The Gods Must Be Crazy! on
The STAR Photo Gallery
Follow the STAR on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are currently no Ads to show.
Entertainment & Archives
Tit Bits & Archives
Lifestyle & Archives
Why Can’t a Man be More like a Woman?
Suicide: A Nation’s Worst Nightmare!
First Guatemalan baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly
More Lifestyle Stories
2Nite Magazine TV
2Nite Magazine's Candid Camera
You never know where 2Nite Magazine will capture you next. You may very well be the next one 'caught on candid camera' at the next event!! If its HIP and its HAPPENING, then its in 2Nite! Hosted by: Faye-Chantelle Mondesir (Empress Faye)Posted by 2nite Magazine on Friday, 22 January 2016
Contact us via WhatsApp with news on 1 758 720 2896
Sound your voice and cast your ballot!
Poll for the weekSee all polls and results
TALK or VENT here!
Subscribe for latest news and updates
- BREAKING NEWS: Prisoner Recaptured October 20, 2016
- Escaped Convict Still at Large October 19, 2016
- Sandals’ Adam Stewart Receives Tourism Award October 19, 2016
- CIBC Walk for the Cure October 19, 2016
- Bordelais Confirms Reports of Escaped Prisoner October 18, 2016
- Vive La Magwit! October 18, 2016
- Homicide in Mongouge October 17, 2016
- I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzai with Patricia McCormick October 15, 2016
- Victim blaming, shame and deafening silence continue! October 15, 2016
- Regional Johnnie Cochrans Promise Suspended Reporter Free Services! October 15, 2016
Star Publishing Company is the Publisher and
Printer of the STAR Newspaper, and Tropical Traveller and SHE Caribbean Magazines.